CommonTerms is trying to find a solution to the problem of non-accessible online Terms & Conditions.
We are currently working on an accessible format for previewing terms, which we hope will become good enough to standardize.
The project is heavily inspired by Creative Commons, and we plan to publish our results under a Creative Commons license.
We want to cooperate with and support all related projects who share our goal, because the task is not trivial.
The CommonTerms project is coordinated by Metamatrix AB and sponsored by Internetfonden.se
The project is a result of a session on “sustainable web development” by Pär Lannerö and Thomas Bjelkeman at the Sweden Social Web Camp, in August 2010.
Currently the CommonTerms team consists of
In 2012 we co-founded the OpenNotice group, with a mailinglist and regular teleconferences. The members of this group have since been our primary discussion partners.
People who contributed to CommonTerms include:
- Gregg Bernstein, UX guru
- Daniel Westman, cyberlaw researcher
- Pernilla Rydmark, .SE (project sponsor)
- Mark Lizar, co-founder OpenNotice
- Reuben Binns, co-founder OpenNotice
- Renee Lloyd, VRM project
- Leo Sauermann, alpha testing
- Staffan Lindmark, legal advisor
- Dan Svantesson, law professor
- Camilla Grimelund-Thomsen, legal councel
- Henrik Nilsson, attorney
- Linda Sandberg, ISOC-SE
- Doc Searls, VRM project
- Veronica Picciafuoco, Docracy
- Ashkan Soltani, independent researcher
- Lorrie Faith Cranor, director CyLab Usable Privacy and Security Laboratory
- Solon Barocas
- Mike Linksvayer, Creative Commons
- Kristina Alexandersson, Creative Commons Sweden
- Lars-Erik Jakobsson, icon design
- Adrian Lozano, icon design
- Hanna Arkestål, Interaction design
- Innis Walker, law student
- Jessica Långberg, law student
- Max Walter, usability expert
- Aza Raskin, design guru, founder Privacy Icons
- Peppe Bergqvist, usability expert
- Mia Kolmodin, Art Director
- Mattias Aspelund, e-commerce expert
- Greg FitzPatrick, mentor
- Petter Schaffer, general manager at Metamatrix
- Jonathan J Klinger, cyberlaw attorney
- Roman Krupnik-David, cyberlaw attorney
- Janne Elvelid, internet research manager
- Aaron Titus, Privacy commons
- Brian Erdelyi, run a similar project some years ago
- Elias Hedberg, online operations manager
- Do you want to be in this list? Please contact us!